[RESTOCKING] WWII Luftwaffe Field Division Soldier
The Luftwaffe began to form divisions for service in the field in the summer of 1942 from surplus ground, support and other personnel on the order of Hermann Göring. These divisions would be transferred to Heer control in late 1943 and would be issued with many of their equipment to replace their own over time. Most field units spent much of their existence on the Eastern Front, but their combat effectivness was apparently poor, and were frequently used for rear echelon duties to free up front-line troops.
Until taken over by the Heer, and often afterwards, these units were issued with the standard Luftwaffe feldblau uniforms. These were easily identifiable, and often singled out the wearer to opposite forces. Bright green collar tabs denote this soldier as once being part of a radar unit or air traffic control.